Advocacy & Representation
Our team makes sure that the arts & culture sector is represented at local authority and governmental level to ensure financial and strategic investment opportunities come into Somerset and to our local arts and culture providers.
We invest our time and money in looking for opportunities, partnerships and projects that unite and advance the sector. This includes but not extensive to:
- Somerset County Council – We sit on their business support board and meet regularly with other sectors to identify and help deliver on a variety of objectives
- Somerset West & Taunton Innovation Leaders Group – We represent the sector at innovation groups and are pitching for the creative industries at al levels
- Heat of the South West LEP (HOTSW) – We provide regular updates on the sector to regional government and advocate dialogue and projects to HOTSW, DCMS and other bodies
- Creative Industries Council – We help promote and ensure that the national body for the creative industries considers the South West perspective
- Local Organisations – Often we are requested to support small local projects and represent them if required to provide that louder and bigger voice