Master class ‘Creatives Club’ – Finance for Creative Industries
Wednesday April 6th 12.30 – 4.30pm
Cost per person £25. Max No: 12
Accountancy for Creative Industries and the Not For Profit Sector.
This visual and interactive workshop is focused around demystifying all issues financial and teaching individuals the basics required for running their business.
Many individuals are scared about the financial side of running a business and the workshop deals with those fears and breaks down any barriers.
Areas covered by the workshop will include the following:
- The Accounting Process – Difference between Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Why bother with good record keeping?
- Barriers to successful record keeping – and breaking them down!
- The basics – Records you must keep!
- Completing your personal tax return – as easily as possible!
- Using records to plan ahead
- Thinking big – Introduction to Limited Companies and VAT Registration
- Further help and support
Who’s it for:
The workshop is intended for everyone involved in creative industries (designers, artists, musicians, performers, creative writers etc), including those already running a small business as well as those wishing to turn a hobby into a business and generate an income.
Individuals new to business who want to feel more confident in doing their own accounts and would like some support initially to harness the knowledge required for this will benefit greatly from the workshop.
Additionally, the workshop is designed as a solution for sole traders (below the VAT registration threshold), unable to afford the services of a Bookkeeper or Accountant, giving them the knowledge and resources to act for themselves.
The workshop is designed for Sole Traders, Self Employed Individuals, Entrepreneurs, Business start ups. Small and Micro Businesses.
- Complete demystification of the financial side of running a business
- Enough knowledge and resources for small Sole Traders not to have to use a Bookkeeper or Accountant
- Knowledge and resources to enable them to complete their own Personal Tax Return
- Free telephone and email support for queries after the workshop
- Record keeping templates
- Fact sheets/ information covered in the presentation slides
- Opportunity to book a free 30 minute consultation with Vincent Accounting at a later date.
Born in 1987, Vicki started painting as soon as she could hold a brush. It was always assumed she would pursue a career in Art and Design. However, life doesn’t always turn out as expected, and craving order to balance her creativity, she decided to pursue a career in Accountancy.
Since completing the AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and graduating in September 2012, Vicki has been providing Bookkeeping and Accountancy services for private clients, with a particular focus on Creative Industries.
An Artist herself, Vicki empathises with other Creatives. She uses her Artistic skills to put on this visual and interactive workshop in order to provide individuals with the knowledge they need and at the same time keeps them interested in the subject matter.
Booking is now closed. This event was held in 2016 and has passed. Interested in attending future ones? Join our membership for free.